Friday, August 8, 2014

Review: Chewy Chocolate Chunk Bar

Today, I had a Chewy Chocolate Chunk Bar.  I grew up on these bars, but I have yet to try a "low fat" one.


The wrapper is decent.  I think the little chocolate chip is cute and definitely caters to kids.  Besides that, it was nothing special.  Now, time to open this bad boy up.

It looked alright.  The chocolate chips were all in the center, which mildly offended me.  When I flipped the bar over, there were zero chocolate chips to be seen.  Odd.  Anywho, I decided to dive in.

The bar nearly crumbled to pieces in my hand.  I might as well have had a pile of oats.  I don't know what is holding this bar together, but it is not doing its job.  Taste-wise, the bar tasted like 90 calories.  It was not filling and particularly airy.  The chocolate chips were better than I expected though.  They tasted like above-average, semi-sweet chocolate.  Now time to take a look at the nutrition.


Nutritionally, the bar is so-so.  It is only 90 calories and that is basically the only thing to write home about.  It has 1 gram of protein and 1 gram of fiber.  I could eat a bug and get more nutritional value.  Also, it has 7 grams of sugar.  That is not outrageously high by any means, but it still should be lower.  Well, I've had enough.  This bar makes for a good snack if you are barely hungry.  Honestly, I can only see myself eating these out of boredom.

Taste: 3/5

Appearance: 3/5

Nutrition: 2.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment