Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Review: Power Crunch Cookies & Cream Energy Bar







The bar on the wrapper looked magical, and I hoped that my bar would look and taste equally pristine.  Well, it didn’t.  It had broken into three equal parts and did not look like it was coated well.   




Nevertheless, I am not one to judge a book by its cover.  So, I dived in.  Not what I expected.  The bar was good but left a cheesy aftertaste in my mouth.  It was reminiscent of the filling in the Austin cheese cracker sandwiches.  However, this odd taste grew on me, and I found myself happy that the bar had broken into several pieces so that it lasted longer.   Not to mention, this cheesy underdog has awesome nutritional facts.   






It is roughly 200 calories and only has 5 grams of sugar.  Plus, it packs 14 grams of protein.  That’s a lot of Gs for something that isn’t Greek yogurt.  Overall, I would say this bar is pretty good. I prefer the taste of other bars, like Balance Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough, but the nutritional stats make this bar worth your while.

Taste: 3/5

Appearance: 3/5
Nutrition: 3.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment