Sunday, August 24, 2014

Review: Balance Cookie Dough Bar


Yesterday, I had my all-time favorite power bar and decided to review it.  The Balance Cookie Dough Bar could bring a man to his knees.  I consider crying out of pure joy every time I am given the opportunity to indulge in one of these bars.  Here is the wrapper:


The wrapper is nothing special, but I have been classically conditioned to salivate upon seeing it.  Here is what the bar looks like:


Yeah, I'll admit this is no Beyonce, but don't underestimate the bar because of its appearance.  In fact, let's just take a look inside. 




BAM!  It actually tastes like cookie dough.  How magical is that?  Plus, I find these bars to be pretty filling.  They are dense, so you can't just shove them into your pie hole, unless you are a beast.  Further, the chocolate chips are not overpowering and add a nice texture to the bar.  It doesn't have a whey taste and is pleasantly sweet.  I could go on, but I'll just let you try it yourself.


Nutritionally, the bar is not bad but not the best.  It has 15 grams of protein and 60 calories from fat.  However, it has 17 grams of sugar!  This bar might as well be considered a candy bar.  However, if you are like me and can forgive the bar for its sugar content, I promise that it will not disappoint.  

Taste: 5

Appearance:  3.5

Nutrition:  2.5 

No comments:

Post a Comment