Sunday, August 24, 2014

Review: Pure Protein Chewy Chocolate Chip Bar


Sometime last week, I sampled a Pure Protein Chewy Chocolate Chip Bar.  I saw the bar at the check-out line in the grocery store and decided to give it a try.  After all, it looked like my favorite protein bar (Balance Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough), and I wanted to see if it could compete.  Here is how the wrapper looked:


The wrapper is nothing special.  However, I don't know if you can tell in the picture, but the bar is gluten free.  Time to dive in.


Appearance-wise, the bar looks like a typical protein bar.  It is coated with ripples of milk chocolate.  Disappointingly, this bar was extremely small.  It is hard to tell in the above picture, but the bar is only about 1 inch by 3 inches.  Taste test!


Taste-wise, the bar was average.  I had hoped that it would taste like the Balance cookie dough bar, but it did not.  In fact, I wouldn't even say the bar tasted like cookie dough.  Hence, probably why it is called a "Chewy Chocolate Chip Bar." I don't think I would buy this bar again, but I would definitely eat it if someone offered me a free one.

Nutrition to follow:


Unfortunately,  the label is not especially clear and you will probably have to zoom in to see it, but the bar is pretty impressive nutritionally.  It has 20 g of protein, only 3 grams of sugar, and 200 calories.  Perhaps this is why it tasted like glorified cardboard.

Taste: 3

Appearance: 3

Nutrition:  4.5


No comments:

Post a Comment