Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Review: Power Crunch Wild Berry Crème Bar

Yesterday, I had a Power Crunch Wild Berry Crème Bar.  The company gave me close to a dozen bars to sample, so expect a lot of reviews on these bad boys.  After trying the Cookies & Cream flavor last week, my expectations were not so high.  The last bar tasted like cheese. Very off-putting, indeed.

Here is what the wrapper of yesterday's bar looked like.
It is a nice wrapper.  Nothing special, but the bar looks sweet and tasty.  I wondered if the bar would be broken into several pieces, like my last one.

Surprise!  The bar was intact and looked much tastier than my last experience with Power Crunch.  This bar was much better coated and actually looked edible.  Time to dive in!


This time, I got a mouthful of whey (much better than cheese).  I don't mind the taste of whey and expect it with a protein bar, so this did not bother me.  I thought that this bar tasted better than the Cookies & Cream one.  It reminded me of a wafer cookie.  It is very crumbly, however, so don't eat it over important documents. Whoops.

Nutritionally, the bar has over 50 percent of its calories coming from fat.  Yikes! Best not to eat more than one of these bars a day, unless you want to invest in some larger pants.  

Taste: 3.5/5

Appearance: 3.5/5

Nutrition: 3.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment